Raising Poultry the Modern WayBook - 1990
For anyone interested in raising chickens, turkey, ducks, or geese, Raising Poultry the Modern Way covers all the essentials, including:
* selection of birds for meat or egg production
* hatching eggs from your own breeding flocks
* how to house, feed, and manage the birds
* disease, parasite, and predator control
* processing, packaging, and quality control of eggs and meat
* where to find supplies and equipment
This new edition also includes information on incubation and embryology, and a special section on exhibiting various breeds.
Those who want to raise poultry for home consumption or profit, on a small or intermediate scale, will find quick answers to their questions in this easy-to-read handbook. The author knows poultry, and his straightforward advice is sure to make the poultry growing experience easier and more enjoyable.